Sunday 27 April 2008

Man and Boy


I've decided to find it salutary to finish 152 overall.. But who cares, it's handicap racing and with Moths sometimes you're the pidgeon and sometimes your the statue...

It was the Glyn Charles pursuit race and an incredible 215 dinghies came to Hayling Island SC to compete. It was a chance to remember Glyn, a good friend, who died in the 1998 Sydney Hobart, and raise money for the John Merricks trust.

Before the start I sailed around with my youngest son, just having fun and spending time together. Very cool.

Although warm and sunny it was pretty light and we were on foils for all but two legs, but they were a long to legs and I was reminded why I gave up sailing low riders..

Very proud though to have recieved the "top foiler" prize and thanks to the generosity of James and Toby at The Daily Sail I was able to donate 200 quid to the trust and buy myself a rig tension gauge.

Last night at a party at the sailing club I tried to drink my own body weight. Thank God the wind was light today.. Club racing was fun though and Mike Lennon, Tim Boon, Jason Belben and I got some good practice in.

Then I went to the gym, hopeful that after the work out my headache might go in the steam room...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dutch girl said:
Nice pic!
I wonder, do you know what happend to Melvyn Cooper, Toby, Tony, Roger Angell and John Pearce? Had a great time with them back then. Will they be there at the WCS in Weymouth this summer?...