Friday 30 January 2009

And finally...



One day I would like to board an airliner and, as I walk in, turn left for a change.

The trip back from Aus was particularly long and despite flying up and down a lot I moved towards the UK with all the speed of a tectonic plate.

To pass the time I tried to taste every type of wine they had on board and I achieved this by telling the waiter it was my intention to do so, and he gladly oblidged,

Largely because he thought I was gay.

I know this because when it came to filling out the landing card for Aukland where I had a seven hour lay over, he gave me his own silver pen and asked me to send it back to him at the attached address. I wrote him a letter. What the fuck, it passed the time for while.

I then thought I'd be the first person to do a handstand in a 747, but fell side ways into that thing your not supposed to sit on, but looks like a seat near the back door. I got told off for that.

We had a great result in Geelong and I want to say a public thank you to Lex Bertrand and Brett Cannon for the long hours and support, to Bora Gulari for his invaluable help in Melbourne, to the guys and girls at McConaghy's for all the hard working in helping to produce a great boat. To the McDougall family for putting me up, or putting up with me, which ever way you look at it.
But most of all to Amac, designer, world class sailor, mentor and mate who taught me more about making a Moth go fast in two weeks than I've ever learned in all those years. His leadership, vision, shere determination and ability have made this project possible.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Bora Gulari said...

you did not realize i was trying to sabotage you the whole time??

next time i will double the efforts

Anonymous said...

Why is your Zhik sticker the wrong way up??

Simon Payne said...

Southern Hemisphere...

Anonymous said...

Why wont you discuss the handstand story?