Tuesday 30 August 2011

China in your hand



First holiday for a while without Moths and it was great. It's true, there are nine million bicycles in Beijing and also very complicated toilets like this in our hotel room. A man could get a shock by pressing the wrong button at the wrong time...

But actually I liked this most creative use of a knackered old scooter, to hold a washroom sink up. Its art really.



Yesterday reminded me why I like pursuit races as we had the "Cock of the Harbour" (yeah I know) at Hayling Island SC. Good fun starting nearly 15 minutes behind the 49ers and winning the race having started some 1hr 35 mins after the first boat.

The break did me good and it was lovely to get back to HISC, quiet now all the visitors have gone, with only slashed tie down lines and cigarette burns in the cover to remind me yet another championship had just rolled out of town.



1 comment:

Foiler Town USA said...

Yeah, these Asian toilets are a work of engineering genius. didnt know you wanted one till you try one..... It's the seet warm you see...